Saturday, August 10, 2024

Quinceañera And An Emergency At The Fairgrounds

Good morning dear friends. The life flight was here again last night but only stayed long enough to transfer the patient from the ambulance, so I'm hopeful that the person made it.

This was not the case with the experience I am sharing with you today. This happened in May and I'm still shook. 
***********************************
Warning, this concerns death and may be disturbing to some. 

To say it's been an eventful weekend would be an understatement 
Saturdays festivities are the first two pictures of the beautiful quinceañera that took place. This was the rehearsal for the dance and I have a video of them practicing. It was so cute to watch. 

Then this happened. 

Very early this morning I was reading and the girls were awake.  Suddenly about 1 AM, we heard a lot of noise. Engines, whirling, and flashing lights. 
We didn't know what the heck was going on and then we saw a helicopter landing in the field right behind our RV. 
It was a life flight and we knew it was serious. We didn't film anything but the landing, but we couldn't look away from the scene in front of us. 
A Dr from the life flight walked over to the EMS and went inside. A woman came out of the ambulance shortly. She had a blanket around her shoulders and was being comforted. Then the dr came out and said something to the woman. She collapsed, crying on the ground. We all knew that the person in the ambulance didn't make it. 
We all felt so badly for her.
 In a lil while, the drs and EMS came out carrying a gurney to the life flight. There's only one reason for a life flight, after a life has been lost. We knew that the woman had made an impossible decision to donate the organs of her loved one. 
I was tearing up and feeling so badly for the lady.
It brought me back to the decision my family had to make with daddy. We had to discontinue life support after his accident and it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. 

I didn't know if I would post this. I've been praying and thinking on it. But I think that the message is really clear. Life is fleeting. If we find happiness, cherish it. Be kind to our loved ones because they may be gone from us in a nanosecond. This was an accident a lil ways from us,  but we had a field large enough for a helicopter to land. 
I don't know what to say other than I'm praying for that poor lady. She was put in the back of the ambulance after her loved one left. The helicopter, ambulance, fire and rescue, and police left and we were all sad. 
It was a heartbreaking scene. 
I doubt I will sleep. All I can think about is her. I don't know her but I'm praying for her. .
I wanted to tell you all that I love you. Always, kimmee ❤️🙏









No comments:

Post a Comment