Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The 30 Grilled Sandwiches

Lordamercy, I fell asleep long enough to dream and I was a wife again. It was the big game and the house was purentee full of rowdy cowboys and their wives and children. I made the mistake of asking one of the kids if they wanted a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, then took that mistake to the big TV room where all the people were watching the game and asked if they wanted one.
Thirty hands went up and with a smile I traipsed to the kitchen in my high heels and said, "I am gonna need an apron!" LOL. I told every one there would be a slight delay while more sourdough, Ham and Cheese was bought.
Then I fired up a griddle pan and two small ones on the stove. I made 15 of them suckers at a time. With my hair slightly askew, I delivered all 30 grilled ham and cheese sandwiches to the gang with paper plates, a napkin and a smile.. Who says that my serving days as a Skating Car Hop at A&W Drive In didn't pay off? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

(google image of the A&W drive in 

๐Ÿคฃ

1 comment: