Monday, September 16, 2024

The People That Loved Me As A Child.

 I wish that those on TV and those in office would really listen to this message. What a beautiful human being he was and we all need to do better. I am so glad that Youtube led me to Mr Rogers this morning. 


He was a blessing for my heart this morning as I tried to think of those that truly loved me and encouraged me to become and I can fit them on one hand growing up. They don't even fill one hand for me. 


My dear Grandma Peacock who died when I was 7 and treated me as if I mattered to her. She always had time for me and made me feel special. Whether is was washing clothes and letting me help or bringing me a glass of ice tea in pretty glasses on the front porch with the first cookies she had baked. What a special Grandma she was. 


My Daddy after he stopped drinking. He always told me I was smart and he wanted me to go to college so badly. He did not live to see that happen but it did happen and his voice was in my head as I walked across the stage to be Valedictorian of my Nursing Class. I immediately went into RN school and 1 1/2 years later, my life long dream to be a RN was done. 


My Sister Donna. We were like two peas in a pod growing up. More like twins than sisters. Some people even thought we were until she outgrew me when she was 12. She and I were always together. If I went somewhere, she came with me until I had my first date at age 15 and she stayed at home. It didn't feel right being without her but I was growing up and when I got married 2 years later, It was so hard for me to leave her behind. I understood then what it meant when my older sister had to leave me when I was 7. 


My 6th Grade teacher Ms. Walker. Lordy what a wonderful woman she was. Tall with white hair piled on top of her head and a smile that would melt butter on day old bread. She was a beautiful human being, just like Fred Rogers was. She nurtured every child that she met and made all of us better human beings by her example. 


I pray that there are still Grandma's, Daddy's, Sisters and Teachers that build our self esteem and make us feel like we can do anything.  


I love you and pray that your day is blessed like mine is this morning. Always, Kimmee


 ( Last photo is Jay Elementary and High school in the 60's where I went growing up) 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxY4Tu







No comments:

Post a Comment