Monday, September 16, 2024

Spanish Moss of Florida

 There is something so magical about trees, especially trees in the South. (No offense meant to any other section of the country cause I have been to most of them) But in The South, we have this thing called Spanish Moss and it is beautiful and mystical. It does not feed off the tree nor kill it, but collects its nutrients from the air and debris that catch on the plant. It is a bromeliad which I never knew until I looked it up. I find that fascinating as I Adore bromeliads and they require a lot of moisture, which makes Florida's humidity a wonderful place for them to grow. 

All the facts about Spanish Moss is not why I love it. I love it because it dances for me. 

Today a small breeze came up and it just danced and danced in the trees just for me.. In  my youth I would have shinnied up that amazing old oak tree that I took a picture of, with its shaded nook and been happy for half the day. lol. But today I can only look at it and remember how carefree climbing a tree, eating on a pear, and watching the dance can be.. 

I also noticed this wonderful oak dream catcher right above the pool where I day dream when I get in the water in the summer. I never knew it was there but it was catching my dreams and making them come true.. 

The little Chatterers (squirrels) were out in full force today also, protesting my shots at them but posing just the same.. 


 I hope that all of my family and friends today are enjoying this incredibly blue sky with the sunshine warm on your face as it is mine. Never forget to dance as Mekko Bearheart would say.. Love, Kamama








No comments:

Post a Comment