Monday, September 16, 2024

Chesapeake Bay Beach

 ***WARNING long****

Good morning dear friends.

There are a lot of pictures to see today and this was not all of them that my daughter and I took. It was a glorious day going to the Chesapeake bay beach area. It was the one thing my daughter wanted to do and we did not know what kind of walk this was going to be for me but I made it. 

It was extraordinarily beautiful and I hope that you all get to go along with us. I love you all so much and take you with me in my heart everywhere we go. 


(I have to recount a couple of things that happened. We passed several people on the 1.2 mile hike and when one of them saw me sitting on the beach on my Walker, she said to me," you made it" and I said "yes, I did."

Another group saw an elderly woman sitting on a Walker as the tide came in, all alone as everyone else had gone to the point and they seemed concerned for me like they were worried I was there to end it all. 

But I wasn't there to look on what this year has been or to look back in any way. They only way that I made that walk, cause the trail was impossible, was by stepping one foot in front of the other. My daughter asked on the way back, " do you want to stop and rest?" and I replied" no,if I do I won't be able to keep going". That is what we have to do. No matter what challenges we may have especially now, we have to keep stepping forward and not looking back, so that we make it. It was a huge struggle for me yesterday and I would not have made that trek without Wendi and Casey, (Jenny's niece) helping me. Wendi carried my Walker and Casey helped shove me up the dunes by holding my back and giving me the power to go up them and to walk in that sifting sand. )

I love you all more than I can say. I will be continuing my recovery today but I can say, I made it. Just as that one lady said to me on the beach. I made it and you all will make it and we will do that together. I carry you all in my heart. Always, kimme








































No comments:

Post a Comment