Monday, September 16, 2024

The Longest Covered Bridge

 We have had so many wonderful experiences here in Northeast Alabama. These gently rolling hills and mountains were such a surprise to me and I just love it. 

Yesterday we saw the longest covered bridge in the US at 270 feet long and Wendi and I walked all the way across it. Casey did not want to walk as you could see through the cracks of the wood at the water and ground below but we loved it. The smell of 100 year old wood is so amazing. The swirling clear spring below was just so beautiful. The red Mill is still there reminding us of days long past. 

We have less than a week left here in Arley, Al and I can say that this is a beautiful part of the world and I wish you all could see it with us. 

Jenny went to the waterfall, the only one of us to traverse over the rocks to see it and I was so proud of her for making it.

Some of us are afraid right now. Covid has paralyzed life as we once knew it but I hope that you will find a way to get outside in nature. It's so healing and calming to my spirit and I know that it will calm you too. 

I love y'all with all my heart and am taking each of you with me to see the world we live in. A short week and we will be going toward Texas. I'm enjoying each new day and being with my family while exploring this great country we live in. Yes, a lot of things are wrong about it but yes, a lot of things are right about it . Seek the things that calm you, bring you some sense of peace and nurture all that is good inside each of us. I'm doing just that as we travel and hope that you will too. I love you. Always, Kimmee.












No comments:

Post a Comment