Monday, August 29, 2011

Rain On Me

This lesson came to me a long time ago, but I was thinking of it this early morning. I have shared some of my personal book with others and wanted to talk about why I called it "The Ripples In The Lake". I started writing this book over 25 years ago and it did not have a title until the entry below happened. I knew in that moment that was what the book was about, becoming who I am today. I want to be that ripple in the world and I hope that all of you do too!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Hi all,
I was going to journal this and decided I wanted all to share what nature taught me today.. I normally have my walk , but something this morning led me to the lake,.. I am watching it dry up with the current drought in Florida and my heart is heavy... But the Blue Heron was there, so majestic, feeding in the water with a perfect reflection of him/her in the sun on the water.. It took my breath away in its perfection....Then as if by magic soft little sprinkles began to fall on the lake and as I watched the ripples , my heart filled with tears and I cried for the promise that this gave me..

The Blue Heron with its perfect reflection is the hope for all of us that one day we will find another , that mirror reflection of love and faith..

Ahhhh but the rain.........The sprinkles falling gently with hundreds of ripples coming out from each drop.. That is each of us. with one kind word or one shared experience, that will create a ripple effect felt by many.. the power we all have to do good and spread good is in each of us.. We make a choice every day to be positive or negative.. I make a conscious choice every day in every way to be positive and it comes back to me ten fold.......

My challenge today is for each of us to be a ripple.. Change someones life today with a positive attitude, a smile , and power in your walk.. Let them know that you are walking in the light and that the sun keeps your heart warm and open... .. Love to all, Kimmee


No comments:

Post a Comment