Friday, June 9, 2017

My Oldest Gem

Dear Daughter of mine,
You and I have been together a long time now and I am still filled with wonder, that you are from me....
When you were born, it was you and me against the world. It continued like that for a time and you were always with me, no matter how many changes our life took, we were together.
I will always remember you in pigtails feeding the Koi at the Japanese village on Okinawa or when we came back to the states riding Danny the Dragon at Happy Hollow or playing on the ship or little houses.
Grandma Dibbell took us everywhere.. There were adventures At Happy Hollow, Frontier Village, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm. We had such fun and you were a delight every where that we went.
When we would fly on a plane and the passengers would groan to see children on board, you would change their mind and by the end of the flight, they loved you.
You taught me so many things about life, about forgiveness, about love.. Things that I did not grow up with and knew little about, but you knew.
I am in awe of your work ethic and what you do for all of us that you care for. We are all spoiled because you work so hard. Instead of following in my footsteps, I followed in yours. After you went to Nursing school, I decided the time was right for me to fulfill my dream. and I went too. You have been a Nurse since you were 18 years old. An incredible accomplishment and one that I am so proud of.
You have given me a wonderful grandson that I love and that reminds me so much of you.
Just this morning he was looking at Dvd's and Cd's near the tv and showing them to me one at a time and had put them back in the stack Then it hit him and he said Oooooh Rebel Raiders.. Something that you would have done.. As in ,, Ohhhh Shiny... lol..
And now you have found the love of your life, my daughter in law, Jenny. You both have taken me into your life and given me the easiest, happiest time of my life and I thank you both for that.
I hope that this birthday weekend will be filled with surprises and fun as you celebrate Jenny's Grandma's 90th Birthday and your own.
I love you so much and am filled with memories of all the places we have been and the things we have done together and I am looking forward to many more.. All my love, always, Mom..
A ride at Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
YOUTUBE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment